Thursday, May 21, 2015

March 8, 2015

Dear family,

Yes as a matter of fact, Transfers have arrived! I will be second phasing a new missionary, just like I did Elder Schumaker, so he has half his training done and I will finish it. I am moving to Flaxmere, back up to Hawke's Bay! So close to Hastings, but yet so far haha :P I have been to the flat where I will be staying, it's not bad at all. I will be District Leader up there, and it's looking like I will have a good District as well :) I don't know many of the people, but I'm sure it will be great! It's going to be so weird going back to a Zone I have already been. I will catch a  bus from here and then take it back the way I came! haha and then be DL and train in Flaxmere. Hope I get to see some members from there....  So i am moving, 7 and a half months here, and now maybe finishing in Flaxmere. If I finish there I will have spent a year in Hawke's Bay. Crazy.....

This week though, Great. Just great! We had a District P day at the Pukaha Mt. Bruce nature reserve, it was so cool! Saw a Kiwi in real life! It was a rare white one they have there called Manakura, way cool!! Saw some cool as Kaka Birds, they flew right over your head, I took some videos, I will try to upload them. They were way cool, I got heaps of close ups. I had an exchange with my DL Elder Chong, he's the man. Fun times in Dannevirke. We had a District Meeting in Palmerston north and then Elder Savage and I and Elder Whitelock and Elder Chong got the epic party pack at Carl's Jr., 50 bucks of food that Elder Chong could have eaten by himself, I should have taken a picture. 
We had a big rainstorm come out of nowhere on Saturday so we had to camp at a members house for an hour, no rain jackets or anything, and they couldn't drive us home. Then the member fell asleep on the couch so we just sat and watched their sons play Playstation hahah it was pretty lame. We also went to the old house that Matthew Cowley stayed in when he was here, along with 3 prophets of the church, Matthew Cowley was the guy that translated the Book of Mormon into Maori, and the pics of that random room on dropbox is the same room where he did it, It was so cool! Some church history in our own area! And then we have a pet praying mantis named Jeffrey and we feed him cockroaches and spiders. Pretty fun. But looking forward to the move, I'm gonna miss this place a lot I can tell,  but I hope Flaxmere is fun, I could finish there! New things and new places, here we go!
Love you all!
Love,
Elder Passey




































No comments:

Post a Comment