Tuesday, May 19, 2015

December 14, 2014

Dear Family!!

Another transfer has come and gone....and I am staying!!!! Pahiatua for life! Elder Savage and I will still be here to kill it and make it the best area ever!! This week was awesome! Starting with zone conference and great weather, couldn't have asked for better! Then, the rain came, again, and it poured and poured and poured! It's crazy how much rain we get here. It finally cleared up for our exchange we had on Friday afternoon which was awesome! I figured out that our Zone Leaders are awesome, and if I ever move to New Zealand, I am definitely moving to Palmerston North. Look it up when you have the time, it's an awesome town! We were really able to apply the things we learned from our Zone Conference this whole week, and it has really helped me see the changes I needed to make in order to be a more effective missionary. Elder Savage and I have adopted it and been working our best to improve! We want to turn this area into something great, and all it takes is a good attitude and hard work! Just an awesome week overall, just awesome! 
On Sunday we went to the Christmas in the park after church, and man was it different from anything back home! They had raffles drawn, an old lady won 1000 bucks, that just shows that anyone can win those things. A little girl won a motorbike from a community amazing race challenge. It was pretty neat. The cops and the fire brigade had a tug of war and the cops won, that was sweet! Then, commercialized Christmas made its final move, and Santa showed up in a helicopter. It landed in the middle of town, Santa jumped out, all the kids stormed him, and the helicopter took off again. I wish I would have taken a video but I forgot to :P We have great new investigators, and a few potentials for the new week as well. Our Samoan members invited us and the Branch Presidency and family over for dinner yesterday, and there were heaps of people there! It was a mean as feed though, and we got heaps of leftovers to take home, including Taro, Samoan steroids haha! So many good things happened this week, and I am looking forward to a new transfer with Elder Savage, it should be awesome!! Love all of you, have a Merry Christmas, remember the reason for the season, and be your best! 
Love,
Elder Passey







No comments:

Post a Comment