Thursday, May 21, 2015

March 15, 2015

Dear Family,

what a great time to be back in Hawke's Bay, just in time for cyclone Pam to come through, I love it! hahaha we got drenched on the way to email, ten minutes is plenty of time to get wet here in New Zealand :P Soaked through, but I found a good rain jacket at our flat so that was nice too. My new companion is Elder Dalton, he's from Eagle Mountain.
I could finish my mission in this area, I could have two more, I don't know. I hope to stay here a while though., I love Hawke's Bay! 

I have met heaps of great members here, and then some that were great jokers! 
Okay, so the first day I get here, we go to meet this "investigator" named David. So we get to this house, and this big Samoan dude is pulling out, tats and all, and I'm like, hey is David here, and he's like yeah he's shooting hoops out the back. So we get up there, meet him, he was all cool with Elder Dalton but then me and him just shook hands and I was kinda wondering what is going on hahaha so we sit down, have a chat, ask him the basic stuff about how he met the missionaries and what are his religious interests, and then it started getting weird, he was acting like he comes from one of those happy clappy churches where they sing songs and have healing sessions, and I was like oh man this is not working,. and right as we are getting into authority and such, I was going to bear my testimony about the Book of Mormon, and then he just was like okay stop, and he started laughing, and then all these kids showed up and Elder Dalton was like" Meet the Lauvao family!" hahahahhahahaahhahahahahahahhahaha oh man I was so embarrassed and scared, but then it was all good, and that family has turned out to be awesome!! Hahaha I got duped my first day here!! It was so crack up!!! I love it though, love it. Looking forward to this area, I love it so much, love it! Hope all of you are well! Love you guys!
Elder Passey

These are all pictures from Pahiatua
































No comments:

Post a Comment