Thursday, May 21, 2015

January 18, 2015

Dear family,

 This week we taught Jake the restoration, his wife totally remembers all the stuff from church, and she is keen to help Jake start reading the Book of Mormon, and getting back into it, it's just awesome!! She got really emotional when we were talking about Joseph smith translating the Book of Mormon by the power of God, and she thinks that is just awesome! They are so great, we love them! Did I tell you the Roches love you too? they are just so awesome! I love the Roches, and they love us and you guys so much! I wish you could just meet all the great people here in Pahiatua, they are so awesome! I love it! 
Interviews were great, president showed us a review from elder Pearson about attitudes and effort which was really good, and then I told him I love Pahiatua and I would like to stay here another transfer, and so he made a note of it and told me that revelation needs information, so that is some info for him to guide the revelation from God, pretty awesome! 

After serving a mission, it makes me want to be the best member missionary I can be, and go with the elders all the time, because they need all the help they can get! 
Haha actually it's kind of the opposite, when they meet us and find out we are just average Mormons from Utah, they're like oh yeah, Utah.... I have actually met quite a few people that have been to the states and to Utah, and they all like it! 

This week though, it was pretty sweet, we invited Jacob to be baptised in our lesson and he said he wants to keep learning at his own pace and keep going with it, along with his wife helping him with the Book of Mormon, so that will be awesome! The roches will hopefully be able to come along as well. He didn't say a date yet, but he also didn't say no which is a good sign. We had a sport day on Saturday with the boys after not having one for ages, it was pretty hot but we played a few games of zombie tag and bull rush, it was fun, but I sweat off all my sunscreen and got a bit burned.....I did put up the precaution, and I brought more, but I was sweating too much and it just dropped off. I've never sweat so much till I came to New Zealand, it's crazy! 
We mowed this really massive lawn, I should take a picture for next week, it looked like a wheat field, and elder morris told us it might break the lawn mower, so we are taking that as a get out of jail free card. The guy having us do it was using us anyways, even though we like to help, being used is not good for us. It was miserable anyways, we called it the devil lot because it was so hot! All week, it was just so hot! 
We were biking to Woodville for a dinner appointment and elder Savage got a flat tire, so we tried to fix it, but apparently my pump decided to stop working and it leaked air, so that didn't work, so we called our members then they came to get us. On their way over a member from Australia who was visiting stopped, and he talked to us for a minute, wouldn't have been of any help because his car was full anyways, but he was a nice guy, related to some of the members I knew in Hastings actually so that was kinda cool. 
Today is our district p day and we are going to the swing bridges again, the other missionaries wanted to go too. 
Love all of you! Have an awesome week, love you guys! 
Love,
Elder passey




No comments:

Post a Comment