Tuesday, September 2, 2014

May 18, 2014

Dear family,

this week was awesome!! Got to Skype, had a lot of fun, did many a new and exciting thing this week.
it is getting really cold here in the mornings, and because the air is so humid and wet, you can see it while breathing inside our flat in the morning. Crazy as! It's pretty cold though. I had another cool surprise this week, I received a call from none other than Michael O'Sullivan from Timaru!! He and his wife Pat had just been to the temple to be sealed, and they were at the tail end of a five week vacation. They had been all over the North Island, and missed Hawke's Bay, :( But will be around. That was super cool to hear from them! I miss them a lot. 

Elder Schumaker and I got invited by some people we talked to in town to an event held at an Elim church in our area, it was a Christian performing arts school called Excel, and they sang and did skits, all relating to God, it was actually fun! Weird at first, but we got to talk to the people in it, they were really surprised but grateful we came. I placed a Book of Mormon as well with one of the girls we met there, and she seemed really interested in what it was. I had her look at the Articles of Faith to compare beliefs, and she read each one aloud and said yep I agree to each, so I think there's a baptism in there someday. That was pretty cool. I have a picture as well. 

So much going on everywhere, new transfer, and I get to stay in Hastings for another 6 weeks! Yes! I love it here, don't wanna leave. Elder Schumaker and I are going to be rolling out the big guns now! 
 I hope you all have a great week, remember to pray always! Have fun, love and miss you all!
Love,
Elder Passey


Performing Arts School


No comments:

Post a Comment