Tuesday, September 2, 2014

June 1, 2014

Dear Family,
Yeah being sick has its pros, get to stay in and sleep more, but also kinda boring. I am fully recovered now though, and just in time to do another member workout today...we are going to get smashed, we haven't done one in over a month...oh well. Fun times! 
Yes we will be picking more lemons this week sometime for Jon, and he actually just bore his testimony yesterday as well! It was so cool! He really knows the church is true, his addiction just has such a tight grip on him, I hate seeing him not being able to overcome it! We are trying all we can to help him out. 

We went to another Tangi (funeral) yesterday, well it was just the family service really, the funeral is today, and it was really cool. Lots of nonmembers and inactives, great messages shared on the Plan of Salvation and family, missionary work done for us! :) It was great. We found this house that has these two huge as anything Rottweilers, almost broke down the gate we were walking past, it already looks weak as is. I walked past first, heard scuffling of paws, then boom and roar!! I thought it was just one, then Elder Schumaker put his hand and camera over the fence to take a picture and we saw there were two huge as rotties....scary. He almost got his hand bit off trying to do that one.. we had this guy that answered his door after ages of not hearing us or something,and at first he started to speak German. I started asking him questions, and he responded to each, trying to say he didn't speak English, I knew he could, so I kept asking, he finally just shut the door, and as we were walking away, he came out the back and said, hey boys! I couldn't give a crap about your religion! but he didn't say crap......just saying.....that's a mission for ya! :) haha pretty funny day. 
We also knocked into this less active Samoan family, and they fed us Milo and soafa'i, (so-a-fa-ee) which is basically mashed rotten bananas and cream of wheat. It was the nastiest thing I ever ate, I really wanted to puke. Lucky I didn't have to eat it all. yuck! anyways, other than that this week was pretty good, average I guess. I think i forget to write stuff down to tell you guys but then I can't remember...oh well. Still loving New Zealand, 9 months out and still hitting it hard out! I love it here in Hastings, this is a 4 week transfer because of the president switch coming up, so one of us could move in two weeks, who knows. Love and miss you all! Have a great week! 
Love Elder Passey

No comments:

Post a Comment