Sunday, January 12, 2014

November 24, 2013

Another week has come and gone, they always feel so fast! I thought it was only supposed to get fast after the year mark? Crazy! My week has been great! After Stake conference last week I'm with Elder Uasila'a till transfer, not sure if I already told you that. We've been having heaps of fun and doing the best work we can do. We have tried meeting with as many investigators as we can and also getting new investigators each week. We have a few potentials now, and hopefully they come through. We've been talking to more and more people each day, and trying to get more and more interested or at least aware of what the missionaries do. We are always asking for referrals and seeking opportunities to serve,  which sometimes works really good. 

Last weekend we had a Branch activity, more like a farewell for the Jarvis'. That was really fun! We had tons of food, and fun, and the missionaries and President Paea sang Come Thou Fount. It's Elder Jarvis' favorite. Speaking of the Jarvis' I gave them our address and phone number, and they said that they will call or come by sometime. Maybe next year I'd think, they will be busy with family during the holidays and such. Really nice people, I'm really gonna miss them. To tell you the truth, they have felt like my grandparents out here, can't remember if I told you that already, but they do, and I've grown to love them. Also the Branch members, I just love all of them. It makes the work so much easier when you can just gain this love for the people you serve and the area you are in. It's awesome, and I love Timaru!

I really don't want to leave here anytime soon, I hope I stay through the next transfer on December 4th and be able to have another go with Elder Tarati. that would be awesome! But we'll see, you never know. If I'm doing too good President might move me to a struggling area, but I think Timaru is a bit of a a struggling area, especially after the Jarvis' leave today, they did a lot for this branch, and I hope to be able to keep up with everything they did. 

It's a hard work we are doing out here, but I love every minute of it. There's harder days than others, but even at the end of the day and I'm worn out and tired as can be, I know that I worked hard that day, and there's another one sure to come. 

We have been doing pretty good here in Timaru. Visiting members and investigators, our guys from South Africa had a little look on the internet about Mormons and they apparently don't like the thing about becoming like God, which just blows my mind. We met another potential from South Africa as well and he seems cool. I don't know about them, but we will keep working until they reject us altogether or we feel it's a waste. We went to Temuka on Friday to see the Geddis' and Zarrias, both member families who we love. We prayed with both of them for missionary opportunities, and gave them materials to give away. Sister Zarria made us these cake like things with caramael in between, and they are really good! I forget the name though and I was gonna ask dad. Oh well,they were tasty. I love the families here, I wish there more. That's what we are trying to do here. Hastening the work of salvation, finding families. I hope we just get this golden family sometime soon, but until then, we work at it!

Everything is going great! Got a busy day today, lots to do, clean the cars, make a thank you picture for the Jarvis', and have fun I think! Miss and Love you all! Have a great week! Keep the faith! Arohanui!
Love,
Elder Passey


The Face of Peace



At Caroline Bay



His District


model car from his companion Elder T







No comments:

Post a Comment