Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 19, 2014

Hello everyone!!
Hawke's Bay...oh I love this place!! It's fantastic!! We have a thriving ward, and the members are so willing to help us out!! It's beautiful here too!! The weather is apparently always warm, even in winter, just warm. It has been weird lately though, we had a hot days, then two really windy cold days,, then blazing hot, and now overcast but still warm. I think i might get skin cancer out here, that's what I have basically accepted. I'm gonna try not to, buit apparently the Ozone layer is non existent here, soi yup...I use my sunscreen every day, but I ama redhead, I just feel my skin burn when I'm outside...:P Anyways, but I love Hawke's Bay!! Love it! The Bishop here is the man!! So powerful!! 

My new District is awesome!! There are 10 of us altogether, and we are all pretty much crammed into Hastings, except for Havelock North and Waipukarama.  I've seen people from my intake, Elder Keil and Foremaster, they are in my zone, and also Elder Medley!! He's Elder Keil's comp, so I get to see him at Zone conferences and when they have to borrow the lawn mower. So sweet! My new companion Elder Taufa, man he is so CRACK-UP!! He's Tongan, and hilarious!! Love this guy!! 

So, the youth and leaders in the ward just did a 24 hour Book of Mormon reading at the Bishop's house. They stayed up from 6pm Friday to 6pm Saturday, and read the whole thing! Way cool! Maybe our ward could do that? They had a lot of mattresses and blankets if it was cold, and then they had heaps of snacks and people there, we popped in 3 or 4 times, and it was so cool! You just felt different when you were there...Maybe when it's warmer they could do that? It's awesome!! My week has been great! We have two baptismal dates, one for this GOLDEN AS investigator who WALKS an HOUR AND A HALF every week to church!! Crazy!! He's the bomb but he has to stop smoking...
Other than that, the new area, love it so much!! I'm going to have some great times here in Hawke's Bay!!!
Love and miss you all, hope you are doing good!! 
Love,
Elder Passey



New companion Elder Taufa



Gandolf riding an oversized eagle inside the Wellington
Airport





No comments:

Post a Comment