Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 12, 2014


Hey there everyone! 

Well, this week has been great! I started on an exchange in Ashburton, which was really fun, I was with Elder Bearnson again and we actually got to do stuff because he wasn't sick this time! It was really fun, we did service, a lesson or two, and at FHE on Monday I tried a cockle! It's like a mussel, but smaller, and not very tasty...well I had it right out of the shell, so raw and wriggling! Not really, they don't move, and you pretty much kill them in your mouth. Straight from the sea, they tasted like saltwater. :P Pretty gross, all slimy and salty. The islanders and Maoris down the things I guess. Yuck. Had a great time there though! 

What else was a highlight of my week...I accidentally killed a bunny on the highway coming home from the Gemmell's in Pleasant Point. Going 100 Kilometers, and the bunny was dumb enough to run across the road, sit in the other lane so Elder Tarati and I could say, oh look a bunny! Then it turned it's head right as we came up to it and I hit it.....It might have survived....anyways. The Gemmell's are really cool, a part member less active family, and the three youngest boys are crazy! They wore us out playing and horsing around with them. We had a good feed and FHE at their place, mostly on families, it was awesome!! 

We have biked all over Timaru at least 20 times, and it's exhausting, but President wants us to use our bikes every day, so that's what we do. I have received more Christmas cards than I have room for almost, but I love it! 
President came to church on Sunday and helped out at our Branch Council meeting for the Branch Mission plan. That was good, we also had interviews with him on Friday, and that was also great. I crashed a house party while we were looking for a potential investigator, he said not really the best time but not necessarily no, and to be honest, I got such a thrill from talking to 13 people all at once. They were drinking so some of them may have been a little off, but that was really fun actually! I was shaking afterwards but it was pretty sweet. 

I met the coolest guy this week! We were looking for a less active, and when we knocked on the house a guy answered and was all, how's it going boys? .....Good...were looking for Irene? She's my wife, come on in and have a glass of water or a lemonade. Sweet! It was a pretty hot day that day too. His wife wasn't there, but man he was the coolest guy! He showed us some of his stuff he has acquired over 52 years of life, including a chess set made from the original Kauri and Oak wood that held up the Christchurch cathedral bells from 1879-1979. It could potentially be a 1000 year old wooden chess set. Way cool. Once he brought out the case he had it in and opened it, I could tell instantly it was something of great worth. He said he hassled a guy down from 400 bucks and he only paid $250.  It was awesome, I wish I would have had my camera. He also showed us a Samoan trio called Sole Mio, and they were on New Zealand's got Talent, so awesome!! I would recommend looking them up. If you have not seen yet,

 I'm going to hawke's Bay this next transfer. SWEET!! Elder Medley is in my zone! So cool! Anyways, I'll be sad to leave Timaru because I love it here, but I know Hawke's Bay will be legit!! 
Love and Miss you all, hope you have had a great week, next email will be from Hawke's Bay! 
Love, Elder Passey

His last get together before leaving Timaru

No comments:

Post a Comment