Monday, April 14, 2014

March 1, 2014

Hello Family!!!

The new DL is doing AWESOME!!!! My new comp is so cool!! Elder Schumaker, he's half Samoan, and cool as! We get along great already, and he almost came pre trained, but I'm second phase training him, so it's fun. Lots of new big things for me to learn and do, but I love it! I think it's so much fun! I know it's been so crazy how fast it has all gone!! 6 months out already, I'll be home before we know it! :) 
 We have 6 missionaries in the ward, so lots of feeds to go around for all of us, and we have to have our dinners separately too so we aren't all tied down, but it works. 

Well, basically this week has been getting BASHED on!! Man, we bashed with Baptists, and then this crazy hippie lady came up and was all," WE don't need to argue the word of God, we just need to have the Holy Ghost tell us what to do, it just hits you and you will know! We don't need words! blah blah blah and she went on for 20 MINUTES about how we DON'T need words....really annoying. Then later this week, we got told all about Islam and the Muslim faith, and then he said we should go study the Quran and learn to preach, and we offered a Book of Mormon for him to "study" and he said," Oh no I don't need it..The Quran has everything." A chapter all about Mary and how she's a holy goddess and how if you cut your nails on your door you will become the poorest man ever...what?? Okay man, whatever...They make no sense at ALL! We talked for an hour with that guy, and got nothing from it. So lame. Bashing weeks, gotta love it. What else...we are in the ward choir, singing next Sunday at Ward Conference, that will be fun. Did you think to pray and Joseph's First Prayer to the tune of Jesus Lover of My Soul. Real good. I found my watch in a Casio case in town, my 20 dollar Wal-Mart watch, it's $80 here!!! haha that sucks!! Man I hate New Zealand pricing....Anyways, pretty good fun week, lots to do. We have Zone Conference and I have my first mission leader council this week. 
Hope you are all doing great, miss and love you all! 
Elder Passey

Elder Passey with his new companion Elder S.

No comments:

Post a Comment