Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 6, 2014

New week and new transfer! I'm still staying in Hawke's bay, still in Hastings, so not too big for me. Some of my elders are moving so that kinda stinks, but it happens. new investigators, sadly no...it is hard to get them, and we try every day, but it is a big effort on our part. We are pushing for it though! Yeah we get conference next week, I can't wait! I bet it's awesome!! Yeah I heard about David Archuleta, Elder Schumaker's friend in the MTC said he came and spoke and sang and she said it was amazing! That's way cool!! We have sang a few times, maybe not as much during discussions, but with members and others. It is cool and they really like it. that sounds awesome! 

 Speaking of Elders going home, Elder Godinet left already. His flight was earlier than we had thought, and so he already left. It was a shock to all of us to tell you the truth, and we miss him, but he served well. So now I'm in a temporary tri-panionship until Wednesday with Elder Purcell, and it's pretty fun. 

I went to my first funeral on my mission. Heaps of people and non members there,  a member of the stake presidency  spoke on the Book of Mormon and asked and challenged everyone to read the Book, because his mom had loved it so much. It was awesome, and it made me think of grandpa greats funeral. So much food after though, and I tried a few new things. Eel, and raw fish. Both were pretty yuck...haha I am not a fish person at all! They were both pretty gross. 
I got a few more pairs of socks, mine are getting holes in them now. It took six months so that's good. I had an exchange with Elder Anderson, we caught a hedgehog!! It was so cool! Just walking back to the car after I did a couple baptism interviews in Bridge Pa, and we see this dark thing and were all like what is it? Elder Parker, it's a hedgehog! So we caught it, took heaps of pics, and we all picked it up which may not have been the best idea, but were all here still. Must not have had too many diseases :)

 Oh! there was an earthquake here last Monday! After the workout we did with our member, we were sleeping at the flat, and right before we slept, our lamps and chandeliers were shaking,and Schumaker's all like, woah, must be having an earthquake, and we did! I was laying in bed and I could feel my bed shaking! It was the trippiest thing ever! I have now been in an earthquake. I also got really bad neck pain yesterday, I popped something in the shower and then through church it just got worse. I was having muscle spasms and couldn't move, it was bad. A member came and rubbed some muscle relaxing cream on my neck and gave me a massage,and that helped a lot.  I'm pretty good today, there's still a bit of pain. Other than that, just a finding week, we used a whiteboard with a question on it, what makes you, you? to get people to talk to us. It worked, but no one wanted to really talk they just wanted to write answers. It was okay though. Besides that, we've been having fun and doing good. 
Love you!
Elder Passey


the famous hedgehog 





Porsche


No comments:

Post a Comment