Monday, April 14, 2014

March 9, 2014

Well, new week again, and this one started with a bit of a bang...no....theft actually. My companion's bike was stolen...we were talking to some of the boys outside a cafe, and we went in to go have a game of pool and talk to them more, and not even two minutes after we went in, his bike was gone! We had locked up my bike, but I guess we missed his and it got swiped...I feel bad, not even a week and his flash new bike is already gone...well we called the cops and filed a report, but for now, we just have to hope it shows up.... so far it hasn't though, but he did get a new one from another missionary, not a new new one, but a bike all the same.

 Mission Leader Conference was in palmerston North, really cool drive, I wish I had my camera out, we drove through this beautiful gorge, it was awesome! But sadly I didn't, maybe we will go through again someday. It was really good, President Kezerian is a lot more relaxed when it's just the leaders in the mission, and I think he's trying to prep us all for when President Hudson comes in June. It's working though, I just hope everyone doesn't get antsy about it. 

Lets see, we also had Zone Conference here in Hastings on  Friday, that was also good, it hurt having two all day meetings, but we caught up, and still reached a few of our goals. Six elders for a ward that has half of Hastings in it, small areas like Clive and Whakatu, and Waimarama, so overall about an hour or more across our ward. Wow...I've never even thought about that. An hour or more at least. Crazy. 

Singing was good, the choir director was going crazy the morning of because it wasn't Tab Choir material. It worked though. We had a ward Movie Night, and it was a disney movie and we had investigators there, so we got to go, and we watched Frozen! I loved it! It made me happy to watch a movie, a good Disney one too. Tell Alyssa I watched Frozen, she'll like that. Oh I got her letter too, so tell her I watched it. We had a car wash at the chapel, helping the YSA, busy all morning, but fun too! Not much else..
All sounds good at home, birthdays and movies and Scriptures. Our ward is doing 3 pages a day so we will read the B of M twice this year. I'm already at once but the second time is a lot slower. 

Love and Miss you all! 
Love,
Elder Passey

photo credit: wellingtonnewzealandmission.blogspot.com/
Leadership training Hastings


photo credit:wellingtonnewzealandmission.blogspot.com/
Zone Conference Palmerston North

No comments:

Post a Comment