Wednesday, April 23, 2014

March 30, 2014

Hey family and random readers abroad!
This week was a good week, kinda tough with the new rules, but fun as well. I went on an exchange with Elder Godinet again. He's cool as. While we were at Gracelands rest home, the crazy old lady with Dementia named Beth told Elder Schumaker that," If I weren't a woman I'd cut your throat!" I guess he said something that ticked her off, I don't know. It was hilarious though, we just laughed! 

We have been eating Turkish and Indian food out here a few times, lamb kebabs from the Turkish place here, so good! Probably one of the best things I've ever eaten! Indian food is real good too, Butter Chicken, mm mm good! I got a medium dish of it one time, and man Indian people don't know what medium is! That was super hot! It tasted good so I really wanted to eat it, but it was so hot it just burned! It is delicious though. Heaps of Indian people here in Hawke's bay, they run all the dairys (7-11s pretty much) and the Indian shops. Our Indian neighbor let us have some of the chilis off his bush or whatever, and they were pretty hot. Not Jalepenos, but I'd say like a 7 out of 10. Schumaker had me eat one and he recorded me so I have the video, I might just upload it. He backed out though because "hot food makes him sick" Alright understandable but still, he did throw me under the bus with that one. haha all good though, still love the guy. Elder Schumaker and I get along real well, and we just go hard and do what we gotta do. 

Oh yeah! John Combs, best investigator in the world. He turned to us last week during our visit and said he had given up tea and coffee for the past three days, and tobacco was next, and he's set for the 10th of May, he gave us a recap of what he has going on next month, and ended with his baptism date! So excited for him! He's going to be the best member! 

The new rules, well, more like reaffirmed rules, are a bit tricky to get around. We can't call or text single or sisters period. Auxiliaries, ward members, anything.. It is a bit tricky, but we have found solutions. Just because of stuff going on I guess that president has to lock it all down, and we all sit here scratching our heads wondering why....I wonder what President H is going to move and keep when he gets here. Elder S is hoping for Disney Doctrine (being able to listen to Disney music) because he had it in Washington, but I don't see it happening. Other than that, still just doing good and finding more people to teach, we did have a couple investigators drop us, so that was a couple steps back, but we press on. Anyways, hoping that all of you are doing good. Send my love to the family, and I love and miss you guys as well!! 
Have a great week!
Elder Passey


trying a hot chili



No comments:

Post a Comment