Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Feb 23, 2014

This first part he sent out to a bunch of his friends for an update.

hey guys,

so just a little update on what's been happening. 
1- it's my birthday tomorrow, so if anyone wants to send me anything...haha jokes you don't have to.

2- well, another transfer has come and gone, 6 months on the mission and my time has now come. I am being made District Leader in the Hastings District, and I will also be training a new missionary coming in. So, lots of responsibility coming up, but I am very excited and willing to take on this new challenge to help me grow and be a better missionary. 

3- I have a baptism date set for May 10th for this guy John we have been teaching, and he is progressing very well, always comes to church, and I think he's going to want to make it happen sooner than May. He just has WOW problems, but he is going very well and doing good. 

4- anyways, just a heads up on what's been happening, still doing the work, still going hard, and still trying to learn and grow every day. 
Always remember to be obedient to the principles of the gospel, it will help you in everyday life and help you to become better. Attend the temple if you are worthy and able to as much as you can. Here on my mission, the temple is inaccessible, and so I miss it a lot. Take advantage of it. Read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover if you haven't yet. That book contains so much that we can all use for everyday life. I have such a great love for it and the material and wisdom it contains. It is an inspired work of God, and I know that we can get closer to God with that book than by any other. 
I love this work, I love this gospel, I know it to be true, without a shadow of a doubt. I miss and love all of you, and remember, KIA KAHA! 
Love,
Elder Passey



The package actually already arrived, so I have balloons galore and candy!! haha thanks!!
It's so crazy, almost seems too much, but I know if that's what the Lord thinks I can do, then I'm going to do it! It will be hard I know, but I'm really looking forward to it! (his response back to me about becoming District Leader)
Besides that, my week seems slow I guess...
Had an exchange with Elder Pelo in Napier, that was really fun, Elder Pelo is the man! It was pretty hot up there, like 26 C, but on saturday, I was going to die...35C!!! That's like 100 F! We had our Stake Helping Hands on Saturday too, so we were out in the sun for 3 hours...I put sunscreen on, I didn't get too sunburned, but I still just felt the sun killing me....It was the hottest temp in the country on Saturday, so pretty bad....some members made us Cafe Rio though! It was good, but not as good as home..I think she took out too much of the juice so it was a bit dry, and no home made tortillas, so not as good, but tasty still. Also, yesterday we were in town street contacting, and a member, high council man, from Flaxmere talked to us, drove down the road, then turned around and asked if we had lunch. we had eaten a bit earlier on, but he said come on I'll come buy you something. So he took us to this Asian place, we ordered, and then he left, he was going down to Wellington. So Elder Taufa and I sat in an Asian restaurant on Sunday eating Asian satay. Pretty great. Only on my mission in New Zealand. Besides that, just the training call and being DL, so lots of work for me now. I'm excited though, and I hope I can do good. I loved all those picture quotes too! I'm going to put them on my signing journal for the cover. 
Anyways, still doing good, it is a lot cooler today too, so lots easier to be outside. Going to have a District P day today, playing touch rugby at the park, which I love! It's so fun! 
Hope you all have a good week, miss and love you all! 
Elder Passey

Had to send him some birthday balloons!

The crazy Hastings District
Elder Passey and Elder Taufa


No comments:

Post a Comment