Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Feb 9, 2014

Dear Family, 
well, it's been a rainy and wet week here in Hastings, but at least I haven't been able to be sunburned this week! :D Yay! Miracles do happen :) anyways, had a busy but great week this past week. We set a new baptismal date with John  for the 10th of May, so whether I am here to see it or not, he's on the right track! Maybe we will do something to help him move it up. I hope so.

That's what the whole world is trying to push, open your mouth to be able to share the Gospel. I actually do get nervous sometimes, it gets so nerve racking when all these people are around you and you are trying to share a message, it just feels really overwhelming. I gotta do it though, and some days are better than others. Some days I get real intimidated, and others I just go hard and talk to everyone, but it works.  

 I had an exchange with Elder Vagai, (van-yai) and I again did not get a picture with just us, but he's in our district photos I put on. We had Waitangi day here in Clive, just outside of Hastings, which is the celebration of the day when the Treaty of Waitangi was signed, the Treaty for peace between the Maori and Europeans I believe. It was cool, lots of people, lots of food, we had ice cream on a watermelon all cut up, that's really good! Just take half a watermelon, take a knife and cut diagonally inside it a few times, mix it up a bit, then plop ice cream on the top, delicious! I have a picture that I will get from Elder Purcell to show you all. Oh yeah it was his birthday, and so at District meeting we had cake and ice cream, and then celebrated with him yesterday with more cake, we got him a NZ scarf. It was pretty great. We walked around in the rain for a good 5 or 6 +hours this week, just for fun, we walked around trying to street contact and into Ton, which is a good half hour walk, but then three or 4 besides that, so lots of rain, and we got pretty much drenched. Fun stuff, look forward to that one Jaydon! Other than that, just pretty much more street contacting, visits, and doing missionary stuff. Hoping for more great people who are willing to listen and doing the good work here in Hastings! Hope you are all doing good, and have a great week!
Elder Passey





Buildings in downtown Hastings



No comments:

Post a Comment