Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oct. 13

Hello family!

Been doing great this week, had some great lessons with people, and we have met many new people to go see and talk to. We have what's called an area book with all the names of people in our are that missionaries have taught and members and stuff, and some of it was lost and so Elder Medley found it while Elder Cunningham was on exchanges here with him, and so we have heaps of new people to go see now! It's awesome! Glad we have that, it's been slow going with our small list of names.
We are working with our investigators and families as much as we can! All we do is go see them and teach or share all we can to progress towards baptism! We have a family who the dad is so called atheist and the mom catholic, and we are working with him as much as we can to get him to believe in God, and once he does that we know that he will know that what we share is the truth and he will get baptized, and his wife ad family as well! The wife has been working on him for three years to get him to believe in God, so if we can do it, I bet she will see what we have is true and they will all be baptized! I can't wait for the day when he says yes I know this is true, I know God lives, can't wait! 
We have a family from Fiji we are working with too, they just need to come to church i think.
 
I went on an exchange up to Christchurch with the Zone leaders, I was with Elder Cottle and Elder Cunningham came here. It was super fun but crazy rain all day long! I got soaked and it was wet, not super cold, but we went hard out on door knocking. Elder Cottle barely stops to eat, sometimes he just doesn't! We had a family home evening last Monday though with one of his part member families so that was good. The lady gave us some brownies, and I went through the whole thing in two days, they were amazing! Great homemade pizza too. We met with heaps of people, and talked to many, and did tons of missionary stuff. Elder Cottle is really busy being Zone leader, and he's actually on the last week of his mission now, so he's going harder than ever! 
 The elders from Waimate came up to stay over for  the night so they wouldn't have to drive up twice for conference, there's no chapel down there and so our branch members have to drive up. It's hard for them, I talked about that in the letter too. We had good times with them, they are good hard working missionaries, but also love to have fun as well, and we had lots of that. Had some burgers for dinner, cooked up some food, good Milo (hot chocolate), it was fun. 
I love this mission, I love the people, I love everything I'm doing. I miss you guys, hope you're all doing great! Kia Kaha! (Be strong!)
Elder Passey
Here's Elder Cottle and I in Christchurch and the Waimate elders. Oh we also got our shoulder bags, they are pretty nice. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment