Friday, November 15, 2013

Oct. 21, 2013

First off I just found out, Elder Medley is no longer going to be my companion, he's going North to Hawke's Bay, and I will get a new trainer, Elder Tarati. Don't know him, but I'm sure it will be great. We have a transfer this week and Medley is leaving. I miss Elder Medley already though and he hasn't even left yet! It will be a hard change, I will have to show Elder Tarati around to everyone now, and it will be me pretty much leading out now. Wish me luck! 
I've been staying dry we had a freak hailstorm the other day while talking to this one guy at his doorstep, it started, raged on for a few minutes, then stopped soon after. We have had two of those actually, really weird. But now it's getting hot, the sun is out more, and yes, I am putting sunscreen on. :)
I'm trying to get used to the shoulder bag, but the more I use it the easier it is. I'm a little worried about being in the rain with it, but we'll see. I'll jump that puddle when it pours down. 
The youth program seems good, there are so few in our branch i couldn't tell you how it works all the time. It seems like they do fun things though, and they just got a new young mens president here, his name is Keegan, he's way cool, Elder Medley and I visit him all the time. He will help them out a lot. They have a youth conference coming up soon, and it sounds fun. 

The area book helped a lot, we have new people to go see every day, but now with Elder Medley leaving I will be showing my new companion around for a while. Hope that all goes well.
We met another atheist this week, self proclaimed of course. We have been talking with him for a few days now, and have had three at least one hour doorstep conversations, one was two hours and he didn't even know it! We are working really hard on him and trying to see what will happen. We can push him because he's a cool guy and he can take it, so we're pushing him every chance we get. 
The Fijiian family has been really great! The Vinakanitina's are so cool! I love them! They accept so much of what we teach, all it takes for them is church attendance, I know it! They need to know they will be welcomed and then baptized! :) Can't wait! Elder Medley really wanted to do it, but I will in his absence. 
So much to do, we have been busy, and now I will be even more busy showing the new guy around. Here goes nothing! 
Love and miss you all, I pray for you always!
Elder Passey

Elder Passey and Elder M.

No comments:

Post a Comment